Monday, October 3, 2016

Commitment of Vows Ceremony Sample


Love is the greatest thing that we can give to one another...for love is a wondrous gift; no other can take its place, but it can take the place of all the rest. When two people entrust one another with their innermost feelings, their hearts, their lives, the bond between them strengthens and surrounds them until each becomes a part of the other. This closeness cannot be measured by time, words or circumstance. It is a wholeness of the soul, a silence, and the highest form of intimacy.

We are gathered here today, because love gathers us and especially because love has found Leanne and Robert, and woven them together, into the great web of life. We are gathered to remember and rejoice, to recount with one another, that it is love, always love, that leads us to our true destination and to celebrate that Lorraine and Robert have finally arrived.

This is the Partners in Life union of Leanne and Robert. We are here to listen, with love in our hearts, and to share with them, their celebration of love.

FRIEND
To love is to remember and keep alive forever all those unique qualities that drew you to one another in the beginning.... Those first halting phrases...the thrill of discovery.... That wonderful feeling of oneness when your eyes met.

To love is to constantly search for new ways to bring each other to happiness, to make the most of every moment you share together, and marvel at how your feelings for one another keep rising to new dimensions.

To love is to create an oasis of tranquility for one another and a quiet place, apart from others, where you need not pretend...where you can be yourselves.... And know within your hearts, you will be accepted by one another.

To love is to greet each day with anticipation...Always eager for another opportunity to share new adventures...And gather up new memories TOGETHER!

To love is to follow the rainbow through the rain, to be able to laugh at yourselves and be willing to say...."I was wrong, I'm sorry"...To forgive, and more importantly, to FORGET, and to always believe and trust in one another.

To love is to watch with wonder all the miracles of creation, to find beauty in all the simple things of life, and to find, within ourselves, a deeper appreciation and a new awareness of how wonderful it is to be alive...To be happy...To be…TOGETHER.

 To love is to come together from the pathways of our past and then move forward...Hand in hand, along the uncharted roads of our future, ready to risk, to dream, and to dare.... And always believe that all things are possible with faith and love.

ROBERT'S VOWS   
Today I give you my hand so that you will never be alone. I give you my laughter so that your happiness may always be my happiness. I give you my friendship to support and encourage you. I give you my heart for it belongs to you.

LEANNE'S VOWS
I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask of you no more than you can give. I promise to respect you as your own person and to realize that your interests, desires and needs are no less important than my own. I promise to share with you my time and my attention
and to bring joy, strength and imagination to our relationship.

EXCHANGING RINGS
Celebrant:
These rings are seamless circles of joy, symbolizing the love that lives deep within this couple's heart and soul. A sign of their willingness to share life's journey with each other; and of the seamless circle of joy that surrounds them both.

Robert, you will give this ring to Leanne, as a symbol that love lives deep within your heart and soul, that you are bound to her always, with your love, soul and heart.

ROBERT
Leanne, accept this ring as a symbol of the promises we have made to each other today. It is a token of my love, that lives deep within my heart. As I choose to share my life's journey with you, I pledge to you the joy of all my days.

With this ring I commit to you my love, soul and heart.

CELEBRANT
Leanne, you will give this ring to Robert as a symbol that love lives deep with your heart and soul, that you are bound to him always with your love, soul and heart. 

LEANNE
Robert, accept this ring as a symbol of the promises we have made to each other today. It is a token of my love that lives deep within my heart. As I choose to share my life's journey with you, I pledge to you the joy of all my days.

With this ring I commit to you my love, soul and hearts.

CELEBRANT

Robert and Leanne, may God bless and keep you, may the sun of many days and years shine upon you,

May the love you have for one another grow and hold you close.

May the good true light within you guide your way together. May your dreams come true and when they don’t may new dreams arise.

And long, long years from now, may you look at one another and be able to say, ‘Because of you I have become the person I longed to be’.

No comments:

Post a Comment