Saturday, February 18, 2017

Publisher Guideline and the Celebrant


Love my Publisher – especially to create programs for my Wedding, Baby Naming, Renewal of Vows and CommitmentCeremonies.

Unlike Word where you have to do a lot of manual formatting, Publisher does it for you. 
If you want to create a booklet which consists of A4 pages folded in half, here’s how I do it. 

1. Select a blank, landscape page. 

2. Go to Page Design. Drop ‘Size’ menu and select ‘Page Set Up’. 

3. Select ‘Layout Type’ which gives you the option of ‘Booklet’. And that’s all there is to it. You create a Text box on each page and continue your Ceremony from one page to the other. 

Apart from compiling and printing booklets, I use Publisher for my Marriage Celebrant official documents. This is a little bit more complex. 

In the good old days I used to use a typewriter to fill in the blank spaces. However, once I reached  the last of my ink cartridges I tossed out the typewriter and went to my computer. 

After scanning the forms, and placing them in Publisher, I eventually came up with a template of text boxes for inserting the names etc as and where required. After which I got rid of the scanned document leaving just the text boxes. Needless to say, the boxes weren't as exactly placed as they should have been, and that's when I discovered grid lines.
To find the grind layout: 

1. Go to Page Design. Drop the ‘Guides’ menu and select ‘Grid and Base Line’. Select as many lines and columns as you want. Now you can position your text boxes in straight lines - horizontally and vertically. Once you actually write the text into them, you’re able to finesse them according to the lines you’ve got. Incidentally, you don’t have to get rid of the grid lines since they are just for layout purposes and won’t print.

If you have your own challenges or suggestions on this topic, let’s hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment